The diagnostic view displays diagnostic information from the target program. This informs you of any information that you need to know which may affect the performance of Performance Validator.
The diagnostic tab is used to report:
- Windows operating system details.
- User account details – so that you know the target program is running under the account you think it is.
- Start of target program instrumentation, command line and DbgHelp version status.
- Loading and unloading of DLLs.
- Additional information about DLL loading (delay loaded DLLs, etc).
- Symbol search paths queried for symbols. Success and failure of symbol loading.
- Instrumentation success and failure for given functions/DLLs.
- Failure of helper programs assisting Performance Validator.
- Other miscellaneous errors.
The Show combo allows you to specify which categories of information to show.
The Filter field allows you to restrict any data shown to by insisting it contains the text shown in the filter.